Friday, March 1, 2013

The Challenge:


I plan on knitting a daily patch that is approximately 5 x 5 1/2 inches. However, the quantity doesn't matter, as long as I add something to my scarf each day. Some days may be so difficult in "Real Life" that it's possible I end up adding only one stitch (a very bad day), or just a few rows.
Each day's patch will be a different color or design. But I'm going to try to K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid), because intricate patterns lead to tangles, time, and frustration. The designs may be of a holiday, or something that inspires me during the day. The whole scarf will be my journal, of sorts! 
As a bonus, I also plan on knitting a tiny patch each day (11 x 16 stitches, with a design area of 7 x 12), using the main color of the bigger patch.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your February calendar patch is so cute and clever.

I have learned something from your blog every day!

Great ideas you keep coming up with. 😊

Anonymous said...

I like the new notes you added about KISS and making a tiny patch each day. Will the small patch be made into a strip, a blanket, or a stack?